I love those days when I feel like Wonder Woman; it feels like I can’t fail at anything and everything I touch turns to gold.
I haven’t felt like Wonder Woman for a few weeks now. I’m in a funk that has made me doubt a lot of what I do. It feels like nothing gets accomplished or completed, and as a result, my eating habits have suffered.
I’ve not been focused. I’ve not been planning. And…as you might have guessed, I’ve not been losing weight. In fact, I’ve gained a few pounds.
So, in an effort to get my caboose back on track, I started thinking about Wonder Woman and her gadgets. You know what I’m talking about: the Lasso of Truth, her Invisible Plane (transportation), her Bracelets of Victory (deflects projectiles), her Royal Tiara (razor sharp and boomerang-like), her Sandals of Hermes (speed) and her Battle Armor. She uses all these weapons to declare victory over her opponent.
This train of thought continued on to my super hero/alter ego, and what my weapons and abilities would be. Since Wonder Woman is taken, I have to be someone else. Since my natural abilities are not athletic, I should probably center my alter ego on something I’m good at, like cooking or canning or crafting. And, since the Bracelets of Victory are taken, I will have to have something else, like the Knife of Knowledge.
So, after some serious thought, consideration, and the input from some friends, I have decided to be:
Joann, Queen of the Kitchen
My super powers:
- The ability to alter recipes so they are less fattening
- Finding physical activity on really busy days
- Packing healthy and nutritious lunches
- Preserving the harvest
- Stealing the best ideas and putting them to use
- With my Knife of Knowledge, I will cut away the unhealthy habits in my life.
- I will use the Colander of Creativity to wash away the filth of a busy life and to retain what’s most important.
- The Internet of Endless Ideas will allow me to see what other successful people are doing to reach and maintain their weight loss and activity goals.
- My Fork of Fun allows me to enjoy myself when the opportunity arises, and
- The Apron of Awesomeness just tells everyone how great I am!
With the blessings of my super-natural powers and the use of my weapons, I will slay the Dragon of Funk to get back on track and on my way to meeting my goals!